I am delighted to announce that Word UP, a writers organization in Barrie, Ontario, has asked me to do a workshop for them on March 25, 2023, via Zoom from 10 am – 3 pm.
Learn Critical Media Skills that help you manage:
- Social media – define your social media goals so you focus your message to your ideal audience. We’ll discuss which platforms to choose and how writers and creatives are using social media in innovative ways
- Creating an online press kit – We’ll talk about the role of websites in a social media dominated era and how planning a social media content schedule that tracks your accounts can help you.
- Legacy media – Why is print, radio and TV still important? What traditional media organizations are covering literary and art information? How the gate keeping process works in traditional media organizations, how to get your info to the right people.
- Writing a press release – Get attention that works to your agenda. Samples from Word Up and others shared as examples.
- Podcasts, blogs and influencers – Why they are an important part of your marketing plan, how to connect with them to guest on their platforms. How and why to choose these platforms to grow your list.
- Tools of the trade – Discover what microphones, apps and equipment you need and may already have, to get started.
The First 9 to Register have the opportunity at first choice to have voice work critiqued. Registration is only $10, thanks to funding received by Word Up!